Buy THE PROMISE OF A PENCIL by ADAM BRAUN TODAY!
For Philippine residents, you can purchase The Promise Of A Pencil at National Bookstore.
In my entire life, I’ve only cried to two books – The Kite Runner & The Fault In Our Stars – Both of which are fictional stories. For the first time in my life, I cried because of a Non-Fiction book. After 4 hours, I finished “The Promise of a Pencil” by Adam Braun. I am completely in love with this story. His story maybe more to it is one that I would also like to live in the future. This book is so inspiring, so empowering. Beyond amazing. I am still at awe.
ANYONE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD. I believed in this before but because of this book I believe in it 1000% more. Because of Pencils Of Promise, I vow to continue what I’ve been and currently doing.
Finding purpose in life? I strongly recommend this book. Here are some inspiring words that got my heart beating so fast!
REFERENCE: Braun, A. (2014). The Promise of a Pencil: How an Ordinary Person can create Extraordinary Change. New York: Scribner
- A generation empowered will empower the world
- We exist because of the sacrifices of those who came before us, but how often can we make them feel the value of their impact?
- Errors force you to pause, evaluate and iterate. As much as we dread them, they are veiled blessings that turn mirrors of reflection into windows of insight
- Creating something new is easy, creating something that lasts is the challenge
- Many presentations follow a traditional hero’s journey, with the presenter portraying himself or herself as the hero to win over the audience. But the best presentations – the ones that inspire action – are those where the same journey is portrayed except the audience is the focus
- The biggest difference between the person who lives his or her dreams and the person who aspires is the decision to convert that first park of motivation into immediate action
- Sometimes you just know. With absolute conviction. The complete absence of doubt is so rare it generates a sense of excitement that’s so powerful it becomes shocking. . . . That name just appeared in my head, and I remember a hard closing of my eyes followed by an opening and a quick punch of breath. It literally knocked the wind out of me, left me searching for air, a tingling of excitement surging through my chest. Yes. With absolute conviction. Everything had changed.