Buy IT ENDS WITH US by COLLEEN HOOVER TODAY!
For a few years now, when I read a book or an e-book, I usually have a pen and paper or desktop post-it on deck. When a sentence strikes me, I make sure to write or type it down no matter how engaged I am in the book.
When something inspires or moves me, I make sure to write it down. It is something I know I can read when I need it in the future or something I can share to inspire someone else.
Everyone, at some point, needs inspiration or empowerment in their life. Always have that practice of keeping something positive…even if they are just mere written words on a piece of paper, it can be significant, to you or to someone else.
COLLEEN HOOVER HAS DONE IT AGAIN.
She wrote a powerful story with so many lessons to learn from. She made me fall in love and hate a character at the same DAMN time. She made me confused. She made me fall in love only to break my heart a few hours later. She has inspired me to never ever settle for less in life. She developed amazing relationships and friendships. She showed the importance of creativity and dreaming BIG.
AND SO MUCH MORE.
After reading this book, I was an emotional mess. It was heartbreaking and amazing and beautiful all at the same DAMN time.
Here are some inspiring quotes that I loved from this book:
REFERENCE: Hoover, C. (2016). It Ends With Us. London: Simon & Schuster UK Ltd
- “There is no such thing as bad people. We’re all just people who sometimes do bad things.”
- “We’ll still give them what they want, of course. But we’ll also give them what they don’t know they want.”
- “Not a lot of people have the courage to say what they’re actually thinking.”
- “All humans make mistakes. What determine a person’s character aren’t the mistakes we make. It is how we take those mistakes and turn them into lessons rather than excuses.”
- “Sometimes an unexpected wave comes along, sucks you up and refuses to spit you back out. Ryle is my unexpected tidal wave, and right now I’m skimming the beautiful surface.”
- “You’re only human. And as humans, we can’t expect to shoulder all of our pain. Sometimes we have to share it with the people who love us so we don’t come crashing down from the weight of it all. But I can’t help you unless I know you need it. Ask me for help. We’ll get through this, I know we can.”
- “Cycles exist because they are excruciating to break. It takes an astronomical amount of pain and courage to disrupt a familiar pattern. Sometimes it seems easier to just keep running in the same familiar circles, rather than facing the fear of jumping and possibly not landing on your feet.”
Colleen Hoover is definitely one of my favorite authors. I have read all her books except one novel and her short stories. Someday I hope to write a novel that will, just like her books, inspire thousands of people.
As much as I love all her novels, there has to be favorites! As of AUGUST 2016, I’ve ranked all her books according to how much it inspired and moved me.
#1 IT ENDS WITH US ♥
#2 Maybe Someday
#3 November 9
#7 Ugly Love
#8 Never Never Series
#9 Point of Retreat
#10 This Girl
#11 Losing Hope
#12 Finding Cinderella
Can’t wait for your next inspiring novels, Colleen Hoover!
Have you read any of Colleen Hoover’s books? Share your favorite quotes in the comments!